Meet Sarah Hubbell
Is your tween or teen struggling? Do you want to understand your kids better? Want more peace in your family?
Sarah has worked with tweens and teens as a teacher, snowboard instructor, and now as a counselor. She brings expertise and a down-to-earth approach to counseling. More so, she helps you and your family to create a plan for changing the dynamics in your household.
Our Traverse City counseling office is excited to help you find the best counselor for your needs. Mental Wellness Counseling has counselors that can serve clients across the lifespan. Sarah helps clients with:
- Middle School issues of bullying, self esteem, and self harm
- Teens and Adults with a history of trauma, anxiety, or depression
- Video Game Addiction counseling
- High School Issues of fitting in, low achievement, college preparation, executive functioning, and study skills building.
- Depression and Anxiety counseling for kids, teens and adults that want help with depression, anxiety, and social skills building
We strive to offer the highest quality counseling in the Traverse City and northern Michigan area. We make every effort to help you reach your goals through your therapy.
If you have any questions, please call our Intake Coordinator at 231-714-0282 ext. 0 or directly call Sarah at ext. 705
Sarah Hubbell | Helping Families
Sarah Hubbell, MA, LLPC is a limited licensed professional counselor (LLPC). Saturday availability + week days
- Bachelors of Science (2003): Northern Michigan University. Major in Elementary Education.
- Masters of Arts (2007): Western Michigan University. Major in Counselor Education
- Limited licensed professional counselor (LLPC) with 10+ years of experience with youth and families.
- Counsel youth 10+ years old, adults, and families.
- Trauma, PTSD, Crisis, Depression, Anxiety, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Angry Children, Family Issues, Adoption, Divorce, and much more.
- One-year (2014-2015)training with the State of Michigan in trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TFCBT).
Sarah is a native of Traverse City. She began her work with children in the educational setting. Sarah’s student teaching was completed in New Zealand, where she worked with children and adolescents from all over the world, taught in the K-8 setting in Marquette, and in Avon, Colorado. She found that children seemed to come to the teachers for support and counseling services. In 2006, Sarah moved back to Traverse City, MI and completed a graduate program in Counseling Education through WMU in 2007. Through internships and careers post degree, she learned to use a number of therapeutic techniques when working with children, adults, and families. She has been working with at-risk youth for the past 10+ years, and more recently has had much success in working with children through Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT) who have been through a traumatic experience(s). Sarah will work with you and your family to utilize new skills, be happier, and even find new and exciting ways to enjoy hope in life.
To call Sarah 231-714-0282 ext. 705
We’d love to here from you. Please contact us with any questions, comments, or thoughts that you have. Also, if Mental Wellness Counseling has helped you, we’d love to hear your story. We may even post it, with your permission of course. Thanks for considering Mental Wellness Counseling | A Traverse City Counseling Practice.