At Mental Wellness Counseling, we provide therapy and counseling services by licensed therapists in the Traverse City area. We help families, individuals, and couples. Feel free to explore a bit to learn more about us. If you are ready to make an appointment or just have questions contact us we would love to chat.
Welcome to Mental Wellness Counseling | A Traverse City Counseling Practice
Thank you so much for considering Mental Wellness Counseling. We’re glad you are considering counseling, it is a really big step. We hope you will join us. This page will give you some basic information about getting started and you can read about our clinicians. We are really glad you are here.
Here are some common reasons people contact us:
- Kids: They may be angry, frustrated, don’t follow your rules, or have other behavioral or emotional struggles. Also, kids process death, family break-up, or even new people joining the family different. They may get quiet or angry. Maybe they are experiencing anxiety. We can help.
- Frustrated Parents: We help parents to be even better parents by looking at what you are doing really well already. We then teach new skills and check in as to how it is going.
- New Parents: Struggling with the transition? Let us help you identify and build on your strengths while gaining new skills.
- Distant Couples: Sometimes the stress of life, parenting, money or communication troubles can get in the way of being the best possible couple. We work to help you restore the relationship from wherever it has been to head in a better direction.
- Substance Abuse: Substance abuse assessments and substance abuse counseling. We help families and friends learn to process another’s substance use issues. Also, we do direct counseling for alcohol and drug addictions.
- Spiritual Exploration: Looking for a counselor to help you navigate and understand how spirituality plays a role in your life?
- Transitions: Life transitions can be planned or unexpected. They can be positive or negative.
- Goal setting: Ready for accountability with setting and sticking to goals? Ready for a big change and need help creating a roadmap to get there? Let us help.
- Mood Disorders: We work with people that are dealing with depression and anxiety, and the many ways that it may manifest.
- Co-Parenting Struggles: Better communication and less conflict between co-parents leads to improved parenting. We can help by offering conflict resolution and tools for both parents.
- Grief: Let us help you process your loss.
- Anger: Anger management can help to identify negative thought patterns and gain skills to control and cope with anger.
- Sexual Identity and Expression: Sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, gender nonconformity can be easier to navigate and understand with someone who has professional experience in that area.
- Trauma: If you have experienced something significant in your past and would like help working through it, we can help. Our counselors offer EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Therapy), ACT Therapy, Brainspotting Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy and many theoretical approaches to help you overcome from your past.
How to set up a counseling appointment:
- Send us a message or call us (231) 714-0282 ext. 0
- You have the choice to do face-to-face virtual sessions or phone sessions with your counselor.
- We will schedule you intake session with your therapist.
- We’ll connect you to our client portal to complete the intake paperwork.
- In the first 1st and 2nd sessions we’ll discuss your history, story, and goals.
- In the 3rd session we’ll form a Treatment Plan (a map of where we’re going).
- Then we’re off and running toward a better life!
We are so glad you are here. Please contact us if you would like to set up a counseling or therapy appointment: Click here-We’d love to hear from you or(231) 714-0282 ext. 0