At Mental Wellness Counseling, we provide therapy and counseling services by licensed therapists in the Traverse City area. We help families, individuals, and couples. Feel free to explore a bit to learn more about us. If you are ready to make an appointment or just have questions contact us we would love to chat.
Welcome to Mental Wellness Counseling | A Traverse City Counseling Practice
Thank you so much for considering Mental Wellness Counseling. We’re glad you are considering counseling, it is a really big step. We hope you will join us. This page will give you some basic information about getting started and you can read about our clinicians. We are really glad you are here.
Here are some common reasons people contact us:
- Kids: Maybe they are not acting like they should. They may be angry, frustrated, don’t follow your rules, or have other behavioral or emotional issues. Also, kids process death, family break-up, or even new people joining the family different. They may get quiet or angry. Maybe they are experiencing anxiety. We can help.
- Frustrated Parents: He help parents to be even better parents by looking at what you are doing really well already. We then teach new skills and check in as to how it is going.
- Distant Couples: Sometimes the stress of life, parenting, money or communication troubles can get in the way of being the best possible couple. We work to help you restore the relationship from wherever it has been to head in a better direction.
- Substance Abuse: Substance abuse assessments and substance abuse counseling. We help families and friends learn to process another’s substance use issues. Also, we do direct counseling for alcohol and drug addictions.
- Mood Disorders: We work with people that are dealing with depression and anxiety, and the many ways that it may manifest.
- Trauma: If you have experienced something significant in your past and would like help working through it, we can help. Our counselors offer EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Therapy), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy and many theoretical approaches to help you overcome from your past.
How to set up a counseling appointment:
- Send us a message or call us (231) 714-0282 ext. 0
- We’ll then email you the intake paperwork and schedule your intake.
- In the first 1st and 2nd sessions we’ll discuss your history, story, and goals.
- In the 3rd session we’ll form a Treatment Plan (a map of where we’re going).
- Then we’re off and running toward a better life!
We are so glad you are here. Please contact us if you would like to set up a counseling or therapy appointment: Click here-We’d love to hear from you or(231) 714-0282 ext. 0
How to find the best fit for you:
Taking steps to improve yourself, family, or kids is a big decision. You have the right to find the very best counselor for your family. Here are some questions that every counselor or therapist should be able to answer. We want you to feel comfortable, ask us as many questions as you would like, this is a big decision:
At Mental Wellness Counseling we also offer additional on-site services to help you reach your wellness goals and aid in healing.
Massage Therapy, Acupuncture, Meditation Training, Support Groups and Educational Groups are available. Please call or email us to learn more.