At Mental Wellness Counseling, we provide therapy and counseling services by licensed therapists in the Traverse City area. We help families, individuals, and couples. Feel free to explore a bit to learn more about us. If you are ready to make an appointment or just have questions contact us we would love to chat.
Welcome to Mental Wellness Counseling | A Traverse City Counseling Practice
Thank you so much for considering Mental Wellness Counseling. We’re glad you are considering counseling, it is a really big step. We hope you will join us. We have a lot more information throughout this website such as tips, how to get started, and you can read about our clinicians. We are really glad you are here.
Here are some common reasons people contact us:
- Angry Kids: Maybe they are not acting like they should. They may be angry, frustrated, don’t follow your rules, or have other behavioral or emotional issues. Also, kids process death, family break-up, or even new people joining the family different. They may get quiet or angry. We help with both.
- Frustrated Parents: He help parents to be even better parents by looking at what you are doing really well already. We then teach new skills and check in as to how it is going.
- Distant Couples: Sometimes the stress of life, parenting, or money can get in the way of being the best possible couple. We work to help you restore the relationship from wherever it has been to head in a better direction.
- Everyone Else: We work with people that are dealing with depression, anxiety, sleep issues, and that want better relationships. We also specialize in helping adults and kids that have been newly diagnosed with Diabetes. If you are not sure if we can help, send us an email, we’d love to talk: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to set up a counseling appointment:
- Send us a message or call us (231) 714-0282 ext. 0
- We’ll then email you the intake paperwork and schedule your intake.
- In the first 1st and 2nd sessions we’ll discuss your history, story, and goals.
- In the 3rd session we’ll form a Treatment Plan (a map of where we’re going).
- Then we’re off and running toward a better life!
We are so glad you are here. Please contact us if you would like to set up a counseling or therapy appointment: Click here-We’d love to hear from you or(231) 714-0282 ext. 700
If you are not sure yet, look around the site and ask lots of questions.
How to find the best fit for you:
Taking steps to improve yourself, family, or kids is a big decision. You have the right to find the very best counselor for your family. Here are some questions that every counselor or therapist should be able to answer. We want you to feel comfortable, ask us as many questions as you would like, this is a big decision:
Q: What type of counseling license do you have?
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) has completed at least 2 years of counseling under supervision and passed the national test. Or they were grandfathered in if they started practicing before 1991. An LLPC is still under supervision and is working toward the full license.
Fully Licensed Psychologist or Limited Licensed Psychologist (LLP) has training in psychology. They often also provide testing. Psychology is the oldest field. LLPs are Master’s level psychologists, in MI a fully licensed psychologist must have a doctorate.
Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) have training in social work and have the broadest view. As a result, they have less training in counseling than LLPs, LPCs, and fully licensed psychologists. Many LMSWs complete additional training after their Master’s degree.
Q: What type of therapy training do you have?
Depending on the program (Psychology, Counseling or Social Work) a counselor’s focus in therapy can be very different. Ask follow-up questions so that you are informed.
Q: What are the counseling sessions like?
Q: What therapy theoretical approach do you take?
Q: How many counseling sessions do most clients attend?
Counselors usually have an idea of how long clients attend therapy with them. Depending on what you are looking for, this can be an important question to ask.
The most important thing about therapy is that you are comfortable with your counselor.
If you live in the Traverse City area, please contact us if you would like to set up a counseling appointment: Click here-We’d love to hear from you or(231) 714-0282 ext. 0