Meet Sarah Hubbell
Our Traverse City counseling office is excited to help you find the best counselor for your needs. Mental Wellness Counseling has counselors that can serve clients across the lifespan. We have counselors that focus on:
- New parent counseling, birth-7
- Middle School issues of bullying, self esteem, eating issues, and self harm
- Video Game Addiction counseling
- High School issues of fitting in, low achievement, college preparation, executive functioning, and study skills building.
- Kids, teens and adults that want help with depression, anxiety, and social skills building
- Couples counseling: Not connecting with a partner, healing post-affair, and empty nest issues.
- Older adult issues such as having kids and parents to take care of
We strive to offer the highest quality counseling in the Traverse City and northern Michigan area. We make every effort to help you reach your goals through your therapy.
If you have any questions, please call Zoe our Intake Coordinator at 231-714-0282 ext. 0
Sarah Hubbell | Helping Families
Sarah Hubbell, MA, LLPC is a limited licensed professional counselor (LLPC). Available on Saturdays!
- Bachelors of Science (2003): Northern Michigan University. Major in Elementary Education.
- Masters of Arts (2007): Western Michigan University. Major in Counselor Education
- Limited licensed professional counselor (LLPC) with 7+ years of experience with youth and families.
- Counsel youth 8+ years old, adults, and families.
- Trauma, PTSD, Crisis, Depression, Anxiety, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Angry Children, Family Issues, Adoption, Divorce, and much more.
- One-year (2014-2015)training with the State of Michigan in trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TFCBT).
Sarah is a native of Traverse City. She began her work with children in the educational setting, teaching elementary education in Marquette, MI, Traverse City, MI, and in Avon, Colorado. She found that children seemed to come to the teachers for support and counseling services. In 2006, Sarah moved back to Traverse City, MI and completed a graduate program in Counseling Education through WMU in 2007. Through internships and careers post degree, she learned to use a number of therapeutic techniques when working with children, adults, and families. She has been working with at-risk youth for the past 7+ years, and more recently has had much success in working with children through TFCBT who have been through a traumatic experience(s). Sarah believes that finding the right counselor begins with taking a chance. Let Sarah help educate, help you and/or your family to utilize new skills, be happier, and even find new and exciting ways to enjoy a new found hope in life.
Click here to read more about Sarah’s story and counseling philosophy.
To call Sarah 231-714-0282 ext. 705
We’d love to here from you. Please contact us with any questions, comments, or thoughts that you have. Also, if Mental Wellness Counseling has helped you, we’d love to hear your story. We may even post it, with your permission of course. Thanks for considering Mental Wellness Counseling | A Traverse City Counseling Practice.