Meet Joe Sanok
Our Traverse City counseling office is excited to help you find the best counselor for your needs. Mental Wellness Counseling has counselors that can serve clients across the lifespan. We have counselors that focus on:
- New parent counseling, birth-7
- Middle School issues of bullying, self esteem, eating issues, and self harm
- Video Game Addiction counseling
- High School issues of fitting in, low achievement, college preparation, executive functioning, and study skills building.
- Kids, teens and adults that want help with depression, anxiety, and social skills building
- Couples counseling: Not connecting with a partner, healing post-affair, and empty nest issues.
- Older adult issues such as having kids and parents to take care of
We strive to offer the highest quality counseling in the Traverse City and northern Michigan area. We make every effort to help you reach your goals through your therapy.
If you have any questions, please call Zoe our Intake Coordinator at 231-714-0282 ext. 0
Joseph R. Sanok | Ambitious Results
Joseph R. Sanok, MA, LLP, LPC, NCC is a licensed professional counselor (LPC), a limited licensed psychologist (LLP) and a nationally certified counselor (NCC) and owner of Mental Wellness Counseling.
- Bachelors of Arts (2000): Lee Honors College at Western Michigan University. Double major in psychology and comparative religion. Honors College Thesis: Psychological Approaches to Teaching Ethics at the Primary Level
- Masters of Arts (2004): Double Masters degrees in Counseling Psychology and Community Counseling
- Licensed professional counselor (LPC), a limited licensed psychologist (LLP) and a nationally certified counselor (NCC)
- 14 years of experience with youth, families, and couples
- Certified Common Sense Parenting© Instructor
- Certified Trauma Response and Grief Counselor through the AACC
Joe is a native of Traverse City. He utilizes numerous approaches when doing therapy with families, couples, and individuals. He has over 10 years of experience working with at-risk youth in a variety of residential and out-patient settings. He is a frequent speaker on the use of experiential approaches within the context of therapy and was a regular contributor on the “Mary in the Morning” show. As well, he is the therapist for the Traverse City therapeutic sailing program SAIL and started The Muster Project. Joe believes that counseling should be meaningful, exciting, and focused. He teaches the Common Sense Parenting program and is a certified Trauma Response and Grief Counselor.
Click here to read more about Joe’s story and counseling philosophy.
Joe conducts therapy with families, couples, individuals, and groups. Joe also trains other clinicians through LLPC supervision and his website about counseling private practice www.PracticeofthePractice.com. You can follow him on Twitter, @JosephSanok, for counseling tips.
To call Joe 231-714-0282 ext. 700
We’d love to here from you. Please contact us with any questions, comments, or thoughts that you have. Also, if Mental Wellness Counseling has helped you, we’d love to hear your story. We may even post it, with your permission of course. Thanks for considering Mental Wellness Counseling | A Traverse City Counseling Practice.